Eugene is dedicated to service and social justice by providing his time, talent, and treasure as a skilled volunteer. He is available to entertain opportunities to serve on Boards, Advisory Councils, and Steering Committees.
A Commitment to Serving our Communities.
City of West Hollywood; LA County Arts Commission;
California Arts Council - Arts Grant Review Panels (2015-present)
- Reviewed and evaluated proposals from nonprofit organizations for Grants Program.
Pasadena Unified School District – Career and College Pathways in the Arts Academy Advisory Board (2015-present)
- Public advocate of arts education in PUSD arts magnet schools.
- Consulted on arts programming for students.
- Worked with Faculty, Staff, Parents, Students to produce a Conference with masterclasses and panels.
Neighborhood Unitarian-Universalist Church – Senior Minister Search and Negotiating Committee (2013-14)
- Served on 8-member committee to recruit, interview, and hire Senior Minister.
- Served on 3-member committee to negotiate salary and contract for prospective Senior Minister.
Sierra Madre Playhouse – Member, Board of Directors (2011-12)
- Increased individual contributions 100% from $5,253 in 2010 to $12,525 in 2011
- Wrote successful grants proposals that resulted in $6,800 in first time foundation revenue in 2012 and a first time government grant of $10,200 for 2012-2014.
- 2 most recent productions resulted in combined revenue of over $60,000 from both contributed and earned revenue sources with surpluses of over 45% of budgeted expenditures.
The Oliver Goodall Project (2019-20)
Led a team of volunteers to erect a monument and organize a special event to honor Lt. O. Oliver Goodall, former Tuskegee Airman, and important Altadena and Pasadena civic leader and community activist.
Built a coalition of supporters, civic leaders, and organizations to raise funds and implement the project including The Rotary Club of Altadena, Altadena Heritage, Altadena Town Council, Day One, and more.
Achieved press coverage with an article in Pasadena Now.