Eugene is dedicated to service and social justice by providing his time, talent, and treasure as a skilled volunteer. He is available to entertain opportunities to serve on Boards, Advisory Councils, and Sterling Committees.
A Commitment to Serving our Communities.
City of West Hollywood; LA County Arts Commission;
California Arts Council - Arts Grant Review Panels (2015-present)
- Reviewed and evaluated proposals from nonprofit organizations for Grants Program.
Pasadena Unified School District – Career and College Pathways in the Arts Academy Advisory Board (2015-present)
- Public advocate of arts education in PUSD arts magnet schools.
- Consulted on arts programming for students.
- Worked with Faculty, Staff, Parents, Students to produce a Conference with masterclasses and panels.
Neighborhood Unitarian-Universalist Church – Senior Minister Search and Negotiating Committee (2013-14)
- Served on 8-member committee to recruit, interview, and hire Senior Minister.
- Served on 3-member committee to negotiate salary and contract for prospective Senior Minister.
Sierra Madre Playhouse – Member, Board of Directors (2011-12)
- Increased individual contributions 100% from $5,253 in 2010 to $12,525 in 2011
- Wrote successful grants proposals that resulted in $6,800 in first time foundation revenue in 2012 and a first time government grant of $10,200 for 2012-2014.
- 2 most recent productions resulted in combined revenue of over $60,000 from both contributed and earned revenue sources with surpluses of over 45% of budgeted expenditures.